5 reasons to use Montpellier Business Plan
- Free tool available anywhere, accessible using all types of digital devices. All you have to do is register.
- Perfect for testing different business models.
- Designed to facilitate collaboration and share scenarios with your partners.
- Adapted to meet the needs of innovative companies (“Young Innovative Company” status, research tax credits, etc.).
- Automatically converts information into English accounting format.
How and why should you use this application?
Your business plan is a reference document that presents your company project, its goals, and the resources at your disposal. Montpellier Business Plan is an intuitive tool that guides you step-by-step through the business plan elaboration process.
To get started using Montpellier Business Plan, CLICK HERE FOR ALL OUR TUTORIALS (FR)
LOG IN OR CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
- The financial forecasting tool comprises a series of tables linked to each other, to simulate the numbers for the company’s operation on a monthly basis (with detailed entry) or annually (with global entry).
- For sales, purchasing, general expenses, investments, and loans, simply enter the forecast values that will determine your financial plan, income statement, and the company’s cashflow. Just remember to record the data you enter by validating each section.
- Existing companies can easily enter information from the previous tax year.
- Companies that wish to raise funds from venture capital firms will appreciate data entry using “French” format tables, with data automatically linked to summary tables in English format (notably for Profit & Loss and Cashflow).
Montpellier Business Plan helps you take the complexities of different business models into account, such as per-click billing, recurring subscriptions, etc. You can associate each of your products with its own business model. There are four options available for each product you enter:
- Products with per-unit pricing (with fixed prices throughout the year)
- Products with variable pricing (such as services with rates that may vary from one customer to the next)
- Products with recurring billing (such as multi-year subscriptions or maintenance plans)
- Products with mixed pricing (generating different revenue for a given sale)
With Montpellier Business Plan, you can easily explore new scenarios by duplicating your project. Starting with a foundation version, create one or more copies that you can adjust based on strategy. This enables you to:
- Easily test different business options (sales)
- Test different business models without changes sales
- Add / remove periods to measure the impact of your decisions over time
Montpellier Business Plan users
“Montpellier Business Plan is a very good tool for a serene approach to your business plan. It is intuitive and contains everything you need to get started properly and elaboration company creation projects. It enabled us to itemize our expenses, try out different business models, and validate the overall coherency of our project. It’s all online and therefore easy to access from any web browser, which makes it very practical on a daily basis.”
Jacques Bourhis, Hatem Oueslati, and David Navarro from IoTerop
“Montpellier Business Plan is the ideal tool for elaborating financial forecasts covering a startup’s first few years. The tool covers absolutely everything with unparalleled calculation efficiency. It is clearly the best way for a budding entrepreneur to approach and understand the inner workings of financial planning and a company’s funding plan, while benefiting from assistance right from the start.”
Lahouari Kaddouri, co-founder of LKSpatialist
“I have watched this tool evolve for the past 10 years. Its shows the future company’s financial aspects clearly, enabling entrepreneurs to effectively understand their financial needs for a successful project. Access to the application via a web interface makes it easy for co-founders to share ideas. It is also a practical tool for tracking business activity during the company’s first years.”
Frederick Van Meer, co-founder of Anatoscope
"I have been using this application for the past 15 years. It is a practical and functional tool for creating interesting forecasts, especially since the online version was released. I appreciate how easy it is to test different possibilities once the details are set up.
Olivier Darracq, Visif Technology